Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Day That Was June 21




Kinda stressful day - don't really want to talk about it but I was stressed enough to do 4 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, vacuum the house, AND plant 21 plants in the yard. Yeah....I wore myself out - which was the plan. Too busy and too tired to think or cry.

21 Plants In One Afternoon
10) A new sunny flowerbed with 4 ornamental grasses and 6 different kinds of flowers
1) A snowball bush
4) Asiatic lilies
2) Coral bells
2) Mondo grass
2) Periwinkle

And that's not it! I still have 10 more to go! I should never go to Lowes when I am stressed apparently. It is like going to a grocery store when you're hungry. I NEEDED to stay busy today - for my sanity's sake and Lowes provided me that out - enough decently priced plants to keep me digging all day.

Aren't the little yellow flowers so cheerful? He is one of my new additions today. :)

I think it goes without saying that I did indeed stay busy and so far I am holding together...which is good all things considered.

--------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Happy birthday to Lola and my mom!

4 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

I love coral bells. I have two color varieties and am always eying more. More!

Well done with all the hard work. I have some yard work here that you're welcome to tackle. :-)

Amy said...

Geez. Well anytime you're feeling down, come on over...my landscaping needs some serious work ;) JK I hope things get better.

Stacy said...

Nadine - Someone posted pics of coral bells on their blog and I fell in love - had to have them. :) LOL - I handle stress in a weird way - at least I am not eating icecream or shopping - just good old fashioned house work and gardening. :) Definitely did the job - had plenty of time to think but be busy enough not to break down and I slept great from wearing myself out. :)

Amy - LOL - thank you - things are definitely going to be better - just need to take it all in stride. One thing at a time and put it all into perspective.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,
Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. :) Hope you are feeling better about things.
Alisha