Thursday, June 19, 2008

All Dressed Up With No Where to Go

I won tickets to tonight's AT&T Happy Hour at the Symphony and I was so excited to go. My husband always has Thursdays off and is always wanting to go out on the town and I have always wanted to go to the Symphony - so here was our golden opportunity.

Yeah, well, except that this is the first week out of 3 months that he actually has to work on Thursday until 7 and the Symphony starts at 6 with Happy Hour at 5:30 - but I didn't know this until after I won the gosh darn tickets.

Eh, I thought, no biggie - he can work till he get off a little early and meet me there right? I mean he DID attend a 2:30-5:30 meeting for work on his DAY OFF and has a few hours to take off his work day, right? - no of course not - that wouldn't be possible. Why you ask? Well, because I am pretty sure that the people he works for are evil and have every intention of ruining our lives or at least controlling it from every angle.

And wouldn't you know it - I don't have any friends.

I swear that at least 3 people have bailed on me - so here I am dressed up, mussed up and ready to jump in the car - all except I have no one to go with. My back up to my back up plan flaked out on me. I look pretty damn cute tonight too dammit. My camera is all charged - I am READY to go to this thing and have a great time and have an awesome blog post to write afterwards. (which was the stipulation about me winning the tickets in the first place)

Well, it ain't going to work that way. Nice. That's a good old boost to the self confidence.

7 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

so sad! Did you ever get to go?

Stacy said...

No..:( I am bummed.

Justine said...

So sorry that it didn't work out for you! I've never been to the Symphony, either! :)

Nikki said...

Awww! That's awful! I am sure Justine would have gone. I would have gone, too! I won tickets to something on the radio before and I was stuck in a similar situation. We ended up not going.

I hope things are going better.

Stacy said...

By the time I knew my friend couldn't go - it was already 5 and it started at 5:30 so I didn't have time to ask anyone else. :( I probably shouldn't have relied on it - but I really though she'd pull through for me. Ah well, I will know for next time! LOL. I am doing better - it just had me all upset at the moment.

a/k/a Nadine said...

I would've gone with you-- if I lived nearby, that is. :-)

Momma Val said...

Poop, If I lived closer I would have gone with you. Well, if I had someone to watch my little guy too. Bummer!! Think I would have gone anyway . . . alone. One day when you are up to your eyeballs in dirty diapers and breast milk you will be wishing you were at the symphony alone. Trust me on this one!