Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Arg!

Arg! I let myself get talked into driving to work today instead of riding the bus. It was stormy and pelting down rain and the thought of the walk from the stop to work was rather unbearable. But, of course, the rain has stopped now and it will probably be partly cloudy for the rest of the day. Arg!

I won't fall for it next time - being a little soggy is much better than battling rush hour traffic, especially when everything gets backed up because of the rain AND it is better than wasting a quarter of a tank of gas when I don't need to drive anyway after work besides home and when finances are already tight (stupid insurance only covered $400 of my $1050 root canal).

:(

4 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

We're still due for some rain...it is getting dark and scary looking again!

Sherry at the Zoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KatBouska said...

Tight finances and I do not get along. Yuck.

Root canals and I don't get along either. Yuck still.

Umbrellas and I do get along. Do invest.

I love your "how I became a blogger" story. Too cute!! That you would actually lock yourself away...I do that when I eat ice cream.

ps I commented on Matt's man journal. He should wet himself with excitement. :)

Stacy said...

sherry - it DID look awful scary on the way home - and the tornado siren went off downtown as we were driving home so I am glad I drove - kind of.

Mama's Losing It - thanks for commenting on my hubby's blog - he will love it! :) Yes, I have a mondo-huge golf umbrella I carry around - but I need/want/must-have a small polka dotted umbrella that I can keep in my tote. Yup---root canals are no fun - it does feel better now thank goodness - but geez I feel like I am paying out the wazoo for a mistake on my dentist's end - they just replaced a filling and the new filling was "too much" for my tooth - sigh. Nice.