Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fiesta of Flavors at Adobo Grill



Made it out to the new downtown Adobo Grill Friday night for an exclusive Cocktail Party! I was quite blown away at the food, the atmosphere, the service and the space - wow! A great downtown location tucked away off of Washington & Pennsylvania Streets.

I was a little confused when I first walked through the doors and couldn't spot anyone from the company who I received the invite from - worried that I had gotten the details wrong I asked a hostess who further confused me by insisting that the company I mentioned had an event the night before and that this was a private event.

Despite the confusion I stuck around and was soon whisked away by a gracious waiter on a tour of the facility. He practically took me under his wing much of the time I was there, persuading me to try the passed menu samplings and the various (delicious!) complimentary drinks.

(I checked my email later and I was indeed at the right place at the right time on the right day.)

My brief visit was well worth it and I shall be back with husband in tow! Who can turn down homemade, hand-shook margaritas, house recipe sangria and made-in-front-of-you guacamole?

They even have a great lunch special that might lure us all out of the office! Any ½ sandwich or ½ salad with a cup tortilla or special soup and a soda, limeade or ice tea for $7.50.

Forgot my camera - but Renee from Feed Me/Drink Me has great pictures on her post!

2 comments:

TMC said...

I'm looking forward to trying it. My company's moving in next door next month. More than a few of us noticed the tequilla bar sign outside when we went for a tour on Friday... who's up for a liquid lunch? :)

Stacy said...

I can't wait to try it one evening with my husband - they have half priced margaritas on thursdays according to their website! Thanks for stopping by!