Sigh, so I am feeling just a tad bit intimidated by my lovely new sewing machine. Yes, I fixed a few pairs of pants already (aka sewed a whooping 4 seams in semi-straight - ok, not at all straight- rows)...AND I have SO MANY IDEAS and have checked out so many books and have even more ideas - that I simply DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START!
I have a small stash of fabric - left over from various no-sew projects I've taken on in the past - but nothing that really coordinates or would even remotely work well together. So, I know a few trips to Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Michael's are in due order...but what to make first?!
Here's my list of things I want to make. Brace yourself - it's a whopper of a list!
(in no particular order)
1. Fleece and Cotton PJ Bottoms- pattern is from a book I checked out at the library
2. Bean Bag w/ Handle - pattern is from a book I checked out at the library
3. Bean Bag from Whip Up
4. Hammock- pattern is from a book I checked out at the library
5. Apron - pattern is from a book I checked out at the library
6. Napkins/Placemats - pattern is from a book I checked out at the library
7a. Oh my goodness these totes from Hip to Pieces Squares are cute!
7b. Then there are these simple cinch bags from Craftzine
8. Cushion for Wicker Chair
10. Amy Butler's Birdie Sling
11a. Scrappy Hot Pad Tutorial
11b. Quilted Patchwork Hot Pads
12. Fabric Bookmarks from Anna Maria Horner
13. Linen Pear Sachets
14. Picnic Blanket with Rock Pockets
15. Tissue Holder
16. Pillows: More gorgeous goodness from Hip to Pieces Squares
17. Patchwork Ball
18. Amy Butler Business Card Keeper
Then I checked out Amy Butler's In Stitches Book...sigh...here more:
19. Decorate Patchwork Throw
20. Short Pleated Apron
21. Sleeping Mask
22. Bedside Organizer
23. Desktop Organizer
I have an ongoing list of projects in my Google Docs to keep it all organized. I think this phase happened when I started knitting, too. A kind of beginner's paralysis - where to start? What to make first? What fabric to buy? Do I need ribbon? Oh, this is on sale! What the heck is batting?! Ahhhh!
I will come out of it - I know - but...when?