Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring is Here!




I finally feel confident to say that spring is here! My bulbs are all coming up and blooming - well, as least the tulips and the crocus have decided to show me their goods - the daffodils are still shy to open up. I have lots of bloom photos but am saving them up for Garden Bloggers' Blooms Day!



My husband worked his tush off moving a tree that was placed too close to the house, installing a French drain to directionalize some of the water away from the house and covering the front yard in a layer of topsoil and over-seeding. Soon the front yard will look like a jungle with all that luxurious grass! It already needs cut in the spots we worked on in the fall.


To take full advantage of the marvelous weather we have been having - I have started an evening routine of walking the dogs around the neighborhood. They love the exercise and the adventure and I love how their paws stay clean (our backyard is muddy) and the opportunity to scope out new ideas from other's lawns and gardens and to collect rocks in the nearby fields for the areas around our facets. The neighbors probably think I am crazy with two dogs in tow and a plastic ice-cream bucket full of rocks from the field. Oh well.



One of the sad things that have recently happened in our neighborhood is quite a bit of vandalism on the playground equipment in our park - the park is owned by Johnson County and not our HOA - so I am not sure who to report it to. Any ideas?

I am about ready go out here myself and try to scrub it off with some baking soda or something - been reading up on how to clean up permanent marker.

Ah yes, and to finish up my ode to spring post here is what my garden fairy's name is as Carol at May Dreams inspired me to find out!



Your fairy is called Feather Snowfrost
She is a cleansing force and a peace-bringer.
She lives in high places where the clouds meet the earth.
She is only seen during the first snow of winter.
She wears pale blue like the sky. She has delicate pale blue wings like a cicada.

2 comments:

Carol Michel said...

You all have been busy, and I've been behind on reading blog posts. I like your fairy name, by the way.

Stacy said...

Thank you, Carol! I love the fairy name too - it is perfect!