Saturday, April 26, 2008

Garden Update

Haven't had a post from the garden in the past few days - must apologize. We have been awfully busy and hadn't gotten out in the yard like we've wanted. Did managed to head outside today after getting my hair cut and taking a nap after garage saling with the hubby.



Check out my new garden gloves! Matthew surprised me with this little gift yesterday after I had a TERRIBLE time riding the bus. The bus left me as I was pulling the money out of my purse...yup. Thankfully another one came within 15 minutes - but I was livid -or more correctly - bawling my eyes out. These lovely gloves definitely brightened my day. Do you see have marvelously they match my blue knee pad!? Cute to boot! This is my first pair of garden gloves - I have been skating by trying to use my rubber dish gloves which leaves my hands sweaty and yuck when working in the yard...now I am one step closer to being and official gardener!




Also found a few newcomers popping up around the yard. This is my balloon flower from last year. Wasn't sure if she was going to come back but here she is!




Also my Lily of the Valley is deciding to come back as well! I am so happy because I love Lily of the Valley and it looked so sad all last year so I wasn't sure if it was going to make it.



Not really a garden item but it is in our backyard - my husband's new grill he finally got put together and that we have already tested out for a dinner of hotdogs last night. Very nice!




And finally my potted herb garden I finally planted today. Hopefully the seeds come up - when I tried sowing them indoors earlier many did not come up so I am worried.

1 comment:

tina said...

I have balloon flowers coming up too! My first year growing them and I can't wait to see them grow and bloom.