Saturday, March 22, 2008

Early Easter Celebration!


On a lighter note...

Having taken the day off - and with Matt working on Easter Sunday - we thought we would take today and tomorrow to celebrate. Today we visited Mallow Run Winery to try their new wines and to downtown Franklin to browse the Imagination Station and the antique stores - very fun. Then we headed off to JoAnn Fabric, Michaels and Hobby Lobby to peruse their clearanced Easter decor - came home with an adorable egg topiary tree, four cute little yellow chicks, and his and hers baskets!

We also put together baskets for each other - kind of - we bought our favorite Easter candies, Peeps and Cadbury Mini Eggs and picked out two small things we both wanted from the Burt Bee's area of Kroger (woohoo) - I now have cuticle cream for my purse and he has salve for his various cuts and scratches he suffers at his new job. And he got me the cutest card with a chihuahua wearing bunny ears! As a joint present and a surprise I added a kite I had stashed away in the house :)!

3 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Hi there! I've been to those same stores......small world. Small world.

Unknown said...

Ahh, it sounds like you two had a great time. That's too cute.

Don't you just L-O-V-E Burt's Bees? I like their carrot nutritive body lotion? I could just dive into a big tub of it.

Thanks for adding us to your blogroll and visiting our site! We really appreciate it. You're also on ours now too.

Happy Easter! -Jen :)

Unknown said...

Funny, that wasn't meant to be a question. I DO love carrot nutritive body lotion. heehee -Jen :)