Sunday, August 15, 2010

33 Week Bump Update


How far along? 33 Weeks

How big is baby? 4.2-5lbs and gaining! The size of a honey dew!



Food cravings: Still loving my cold cereal - moving on from cheerios and on to frosted-mini wheats minis! Love buttered bagels with scrabbled egg too! And apples - I think part of me is wishing for the cooler weather of fall - the thought of crisp apples and frozen apple slushies sound sooo good! Making a roast this week also in boycott of the hot weather! Still working on our bag of charms blow-pops. Matt likes the green ones only - I like all the flavors - but especially the grape of which there are only a few of course! 

Milestones: Could feel our little one's bony little foot or elbow - could actually push back on it she was pushing it out so far against my side. Was so amazing! Loud sounds make her jump now too - it is the weirdest thing to have something inside you jump like that at sound. :)

Oh, and this: Nosebleeds, hip pain, charlie horses, tingly feet and hands and achy feet - oh my! :) I've had such a great pregnancy so far that these mild discomforts are really taking me by surprise. And goodness I am getting hot! Coming from someone who is ALWAYS cold that means a lot! Finally stocked up on the needed third trimester goodies I didn't know I needed.
 
Random Tidbits: (from the emails I get)
 Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

You are one hot mama -- literally. A 20 percent metabolic rate increase throughout pregnancy can leave you begging for a cool breeze no matter what the weather is like. Distract yourself with an exercise in blind identification. Try to distinguish between baby's feet, fists, knees, and elbows -- all doing some major pushing and nudging inside of you.

[ tip ] Wash just a few of those adorable infant outfits before baby comes and keep the tags on the rest. Baby will probably outgrow most before she gets to wear them, and you'll be able to return or exchange for a bigger size.

No comments: