Monday, June 29, 2009

Colorful Crochet

I dabble in knitting and enjoy it, I really do. But one thing that is a little annoying about knitting are the all the needles you need. There are different sizes, then short ones and long ones and then round ones if you want to knit things like sweaters and blankets. And round needles are a tad expensive especially when you need a whole set of sizes. So, I've stuck pretty much to small projects like scarfs and things.

But I have been itching to make an afghan. So, I've convinced myself to learn to crochet. If I can figure out knitting, I can figure crocheting out too. Heck I even have two crochet needles already from my knitting stash.

Here's my recent inspiration!


Granny Square Joining Tutorial - photo from Carina's Craft Blog

I am going to start with this I think - a colorful granny square afghan.


Crochet Stash Basket - photo from the Purl Bee

And I need ones of these handy baskets.


Crochet Ripple Afghan - photo from Attic24

And this would be fun too!!

4 comments:

melly~ said...

your post made me think about jane brocket's granny squares. i couldn't find a direct link but this url offers a picture of yarnstorms beautiful work:
http://www.craftycrafty.tv/2007/07/go_crazy_for_yarnstorms_croche.html

and look what craftsanity is up to:
http://craftsanity.com/?p=2755

just sharing the love. :)

Melissa said...

I'm self taught at crochet. I think it's much easier than kniting. Good luck!

Unknown said...

ucuz takipçi
ucuz takipçi
tiktok izlenme satın al
binance güvenilir mi
okex güvenilir mi
paribu güvenilir mi
bitexen güvenilir mi
coinbase güvenilir mi

Anonymous said...

عزل فوم
عزل