Friday, February 22, 2008

Spring Fever



Right about now is the time of year that I get antsy for spring to arrive. Especially since I just received the March Special Gardening Issue of Martha Stewart Living (my complementary subscription since Blueprint will no longer be running as a print magazine - just their blog Bluelines). Now, I know our garden will never be like hers - for one her garden is larger than the lot my house and yard sit on, etc. And my husband and I are really picky and wouldn't eat half the vegetables she grows. No, we are aiming more for a basic garden.

Our basic garden plan:

One row of 6-8 sweet corn stalks
Half a row of tomatoes
Half a row of peppers (green & hot)
Lettuce (maybe just in containers on the patio)
A row of cucumbers
A row of pumpkins (the baby white ones and maybe the gray kind)
Rhubarb
Blueberry & Raspberry Bushes
Peas?

Our herb garden plan:
Mint
Chives
Oregano
Parsley
Thyme
Lemon Balm
Sage
Basil
Lavender
Rosemary


Here is a pic of our yard plan...we have lots to do this year...putting in the patio, garden, herb garden, a raised flower bed and getting our grass really growing well in our backyard.

Helpful Gardening Resources:
Seed Starter Plan from You Grow Girl

No comments: