Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crocus Sighting


(this pic is from 2008 - will snap and replace with and 2009 pic soon)

With the lovely warm weather being so wonderful tonight, I thought I'd take a walk around the yard to see if any signs of spring are poking through the earth. And yup! I found the tiniest signs of spring! Little blades of crocus leaves beginning to sprout up!

Now last year I first spotted these green shoots of hope on March 14th! They came up the same time my daffodils and tulips came up - which did bother me last year because I THOUGHT crocuses were supposed to come up earlier - but what do I know?!

But, they are starting to spring up now - no flowers or anything - but, still, a little green is good on the eyes right about now! And they've grown - there are more little shoots this year. I had one or two in one area and now there's 3 or 4 in the same area! Woohoo!

What I want to be sure to get in the ground next year are some Snowdrops, I don't have any yet but have been eyeing everyone in blogland who does, they are so lovely!

4 comments:

Kira said...

I can't wait for spring!

Momma Val said...

Get outta here! I am about to burst I just cannot wait any longer. Can't believe you already saw a crocus!!! Have not seen but could swear I heard a robin just yesterday???

Electronic Goose said...

Spring spring spring!!!!

BrightBoy said...

It's supposed to be sixty degrees here today! I'm so excited about it. I can't wait for summer.