Sunday, August 30, 2009

Apricot Cobbler Recipe

If you have a few extra apricots hanging around the kitchen or you see them on sale at the supermarket - you've gotta try this recipe! My husband went gaga for it - even proclaimed it was the best dessert I've made (hmmm?). I am more skeptical about that statement being a chocolate lover myself, BUT it was pretty good! Especially hot out of the oven!

This is my second cobbler in the last month - last time it was with blackberries - apparently I get in ruts. :) Haha! Or more accurately - I have buy/find too much fruit in the summer months and don't know what to do with it all since I am the only one in the house who really eats fresh fruit and then waalaa! Cobbler!

Filling:

1 lb. fresh apricots, halved

Topping:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder

Sprinkle topping over apricots; bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Delicious served with ice cream!

Recipe taken from California Apricot Advisory Board Recipe Booklet.

Found online along with other apricot recipes here

1 comment:

Andora said...

I have never heard of this cobbler before..and I love cobblers..and yes I will definately try this when I buy some apricots...yummy..can't hardly wait..