I know we live in the suburbs and have a fence and neighbors on all four sides, but by golly we have lots of frogs in our yard and I want a sign! ;)
Certify Your Wildlife Garden
Join the thousands of wildlife enthusiasts across the country who have been recognized for creating havens for neighborhood wildlife in their very own yards. These individuals have provided the essential elements for healthy and sustainable wildlife habitats and have earned the distinction of being part of National Wildlife Federation's Certified Wildlife Habitat™ program.
When you certify with your application fee of $20, you'll receive all these great benefits:
- A personalized certificate that recognizes your NWF Certified Wildlife Habitat™.
- A free NWF membership which includes a full year's subscription to the award-winning National Wildlife® magazine and 10% off all NWF catalog purchases.
- A free subscription to the quarterly e-newsletter, Habitats, full of insightful tips and information on gardening and attracting wildlife year after year.
- Your name listed in NWF's National registry of certified habitats...to recognize all you've done for wildlife.
And, once you complete your application, you'll be eligible to purchase the "wildly" popular Certified Wildlife Habitat™ yard sign that shows your commitment to conserving wildlife.
All you need to do is provide elements from each of the following areas:
- Food Sources - For example: Native plants, seeds, fruits, nuts, berries, nectar
- Water Sources - For example: Birdbath, pond, water garden, stream
- Places for Cover - For example: Thicket, rockpile, birdhouse
- Places to Raise Young - For example: Dense shrubs, vegetation, nesting box, pond
- Sustainable Gardening - For example: Mulch, compost, rain garden, chemical-free fertilizer
Need help? Call 1-800-822-9919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org