Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend in Review

Besides Saturday, which involved a dentist visit, nomming on all our favorites at Panera (baked potato soup, smokehouse turkey panini and yummy cinnamon crunch bagel) and sleeping the rainy day away - my weekend went by pretty fast.

Made it up to northern-ish Indiana for a family reunion (one of three this month! Though I think I can only make it to two). Had my Great-Grandma's delicious sugar cream pie or custard pie - good stuff either way, my Mom's great taco salad and a host of other delicious family reunion-type foods.

I toted my little Lola up for the trip to keep me company in the car and she managed both 2.5 hr drives without incident! Maybe we are finally past our car sickness stage! She had a fabulous time - got drug around by a toddler at the family reunion, rolled in something hideous at my Grandma's which resulted in being hosed off outside and given a bath inside, got chased by a goat and saw chickens for the first time! Exciting stuff for my suburban pup!

All-in-all a fabulous time, got to spend time just sitting around with my family, looking at Grandma's amazing yard full of flowers and watching the animals (i.e. goat) antics. Haven't got to do all that in a long time - it was nice.

1 comment:

Momma Val said...

Ahhhhh, sounds like a bit of heaven. Next year can we come? :)