Friday, July 3, 2009

The Beginnings of a Bookworm



I have always been a bookworm and I think one of the big reasons, in addition to loving parents who read to us all the time, was the many great books I grew up around, many of which have take up residence on a little bookshelf in our new home. Looking back through them all though, there was one or two I knew I had loved but that I couldn't find. Of course, I vowed to find copies of these dear books and add them to our ever-growing collection.

Well, today while I was out perusing my favorite antique store guess what I found? TWO of my missing books! The Story about Ping and Seashells of the World!

I am not sure where the Ping book originally came from the seashell book (if my memory serves me correct) was in an old box of seashells that the owner of the house my parent's bought in Chalmers gave to us kids. I would take each seashell out and look it up in the book...ah, memories!



One of my favorite scenes out of the book!

1 comment:

a/k/a Nadine said...

I remember the Ping book, but not the seashell one.