Saturday, December 27, 2008

Twelve Great Things I Got For Christmas!

1. Smelly Goodness
Lots of Bath & Body Works from my Dad, husband and Mom - scents ranging from Black Amethyst, Mango Mandarin, Vanilla and Shea Cashmere! Even got a candle warmer and lots of smelly goodness from my Mom - the whole house currently smells like cinnabons!

2. Warm Woolies
Lovely new sweaters from my Great Grandma Peggy and my Mom! Even received the coveted sweater dress and a gorgeous necklace to go with it from my brother and sister-in-law, Kirk & Sherie - been wanting one for some time (wearing it now actually)! :)

3. Martha Madness
A new marvelous Crate & Barrel casserole dish from the husband!



Also got lots of other wonderful new things for our kitchen!
  • A new stainless steel crock pot
  • A 32 piece stainless steel knife set
  • Cute Christmas potholders and oven mit
  • Snowflake cookie cutters and gourmet sugar cookie mix
  • A set of crystal champagne flutes
  • A set of regular champagne flutes
  • Margarita mix
  • Pub glasses
  • Beer bread mix
  • Fondue set for two



Now I'm a step closer to Martha Stewart status!

Thank you Matt, Kerry & Sue, Kyle, Holly & Tom, Jessica & Chad, Grandma Peggy, Matt & Laura - and everyone else who got us the things I mentioned above!

4. Homemade Spiced Chai Mix from my Aunt Linda!
Here's the recipe!

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened instant tea
3/4 cup vanilla powered nondairy creamer
1-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months!

To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 Tbsp. of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well. Dollap with whipped cream if desired.

From Taste of Home Magazine
5. Bookworm Fodder
Books to keep me occupied this winter. Matt picked out some really great ones for me including Eat Pray Love and The Woman's Book of Confidence. We also got a great read from my Aunt Linda - The Home Spa Book for Dogs!

7. Wino Whimsy
Tons of cool new wine stuff from everyone! Including some yummy wines from Oliver and Brown County Wineries, cool wine openers, a basketful of wine goodies and two sets of cute wine charms!
Thank you Holly & Tom, Kerry & Sue, Dad, and Tommy & Michelle!

8. Blinds and Curtains!
We used some of the Christmas money we received for a little home improvement! Visited Lowes and picked out blinds for the upstairs and curtains for our bedroom!

9. Shop Vac
Ok, this was my husband's present from his parents - but I am pretty sure I will use it just as much if not more than him! Now I don't have to lug my vacuum out to the garage to sweep out the car! Wohoo!

10. Yummy Goodies
Made it home with plates full of goodies to munch on! The annual fudge and puppy chow mix from Holly, Tom & the kids! This year they added chocolate dipped pretzel sticks - yum! Also got an amazing assortment of baked goods from Cindy - still waiting on the recipes. Hint, hint! :)

11. A Little Glitz
What woman doesn't like getting jewelry for Christmas!? I got a new long silver and pearl necklace and two lovely bracelets!
Thank you Sherie & Mom!

12. Time With Family
Most of all I got to spend time with my family! Made it to each and every Christmas - may not have had much time or energy at each place - but had a great time at each one! Love you all!




(this one is from last year - sorry!!)



5 comments:

Electronic Goose said...

#12 is the best! Glad you had a merry holiday!

a/k/a Nadine said...

Those do sound like "great things!" I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, and I hope it continues into the New Year!

Momma Val said...

Whoa! That is quite a gift list. I don't think we have ever gotten that much for a Christmas ever. You are truly blessed with very generous friends and family!

Kira said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love your pics of the family. They are wonderful!!!

Stacy said...

Electronic Goose - I agree #12 is pretty good. But I really didn't mention the REAL meaning of Christmas - that would have to be the BEST. :)

Nadine - Me too! I am looking forward to what 2009 has to offer! We've had some crummy last two years - ready for more ups than downs!

Momma Val - I am truly blessed - not because of all the "things" but for such great family and friends - not to mention all of your blog pals!

Kira's Cottage - I did have a great Christmas! Hope you did too!