Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One of My New Year's Resolutions: Cook More!

Feeling a tad bah-humbug after my last post, so hoping to lighten up things a bit with some recipes. Wohoo!

Lately, I've found myself starting to want to cook more and more - and not just frozen pizzas and hamburger helpers of the past. I think it all started when Sarah told me about Kraft's free magazine, Food & Family - I signed myself up and pretty much tore through the first magazine I got this fall. The pages are all wrinkly from constant use! Kraft's recipes were pretty easy and just the thing to ease me into cooking.

Our favorite Food & Family recipes so far are:
Tater-Topped Casserole
Pork Chops with Apples & Stuffing
Stove Top Easy Chicken Bake
Marvelous Mini Meatloaves (American-Style)

Favorite Non-Kraft Recipes:
Easy Shepherd's Pie - I substituted a can of Creamy Mushroom Soup for the Beef Broth
Biscuits & Gravy - Recipe was the on the box of baking mix I picked up at Kroger - can't find the exact recipe online...

Here's what we're going to try this week!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


What are your favorite EASY recipes? I would love to try them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being named Squirrel Chatter, I'm surprised you don't have more squirrel recipes!

Stacy said...

Haha! I hope you mean recipes squirrels would eat and not recipes MADE from squirrel! :)