Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thinking Toasty Thoughts!

The heat on the bus wasn't working today, as our driver informed us...boy, was he right! I am no longer second guessing my decision to wear a turtleneck, a long sleeved shirt under it, tights AND socks over the tights...I thought it might be a little much since today is supposed to be warmer than Monday or Tuesday - but now I am glad I did layer! No prelude of heat in the morning made my two block walk after my bus ride seem to take FOREVER.

Slowly thawing out this morning...and this giveaway from the marvelously talented Laurraine from Patchwork Pottery is sure helping speed me along!




She's giving away one of her oh-so-lovely handmade quilted pouches! Isn't it lovely!? I am hoping that the hot chocolate come with! Visit her blog, Patchwork Pottery, to get in on the fun!

(The winner is to be announced on Nov. 5th!! Can't wait!)

4 comments:

Electronic Goose said...

Brrr! We had to break out Bean's winter suit this morning for the farmers' market!

BellaRosaEvents said...

I really like that quilted pouch that lady made. By the way, it looks like you have made good use of your new sewing machine! I'd like to get a sewing machine now that we'll have space for making extra projects in our new house.

Momma Val said...

Gosh for years I've been freezing. For the last two years since I've been pregnant and nursing, I am boiling all the time and only get relief when it's cold out. There's a quick solution for you :)

Stacy said...

Electronic Goose - Thank goodness we have another warm up - I wasn't quite ready for winter weather yet!

Alli - I know isn't it fabulous?! Yes, you should definitely get a sewing machine - you will enjoy it!!

Momma Val - Ha! Yeah I COULD - maybe in two years. ;)