Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bump Update: 29 Weeks



How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Baby's now the size of a squash! Her energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath her skin. And since she's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for me: More kicks and jabs to the ribs - oh goodness! Apparently our little one is measuring a little small - our doctor has set us up for another ultrasound  (our third) next week. I asked her, with slight panic in my voice, if I should be worried. 
Her: "No, it might just mean you'll have to push less." 

Me : (relieved at her answer) "Is that a bad thing??

Her: "No! You might just have smaller babies - with your frame, genetics, build, etc."
She said I was gaining weight appropriately so she wasn't concerned - just routine to make extra sure things are a-ok. And I definitely don't mind getting to see her again through ultrasound! :)

After talking to my mom I feel even better - all three of us kids were small babies - like 6 pounders. So, I am not worried. Especially since everything was fine on the last two ultrasounds - both done because I was small for how far along I was.

So I guess I won't be popping out a 8 or 9 pounder. I think I am a little relieved to be honest. :)
Food cravings: Blueberries - good thing too because I have a 5lb carton full of them in my fridge that we  were given at a family reunion last week! Thank you Great Grandma Peggy! Your great, great grandaughter (in my belly) loves them! :) We've had them for a week and they are almost gone.!Maybe only 1/4 left. Still loving peaches - has to be from the Farmer's Market though - yum! And chocolate...good grief I could drink hersey's syrup straight from the bottle - but I refrain for the most part and just use a spoon. ;)

Milestones: Not sure if this is a milestone, but I started working on the fabric bunting and matching quilt for her room and we bought and repainted a 9 drawer dresser that will double as our changer off craigslist - officially getting the nursery and everything ready!

I love working on projects like this for our little girl - quilts, decorations for her room and retouching up the perfect pieces of furniture. I am getting so excited!


Oh, and this: My belly button is JUST starting to pop out. There is one little spot in the middle that is beginning to push forward - looks kinda crazy! And, I am starting to get hot finally - all this summer I have been feeling normal temperature wise - but lately I've been cranking up the air, sleeping with a sheet and avoiding too much heat exposure.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

You're so cute! Also, blessed with genetics for small babies! Me? Not so much. We'll see how this one grows :)

Stay cool! I've found I can only work in the garden comfortably in the mornings- which really limits the days I can be out there, having a full-time job and all.

_ffyona said...

You are glowing, Stacy! Have fun with the decoration for the little one!