Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Black Friday Guide

Ok, so this post isn't going to be all about the amazingly crazy, super spectacular savings on the hundreds of products you can buy at all the big box stores like Target, Walmart or wherever.

Oh no, this blog post is about how to save your SANITY and shop a little more locally this Black Friday. (Not to say that I won't venture at all into the madness - I mean THERE IS $3.98 DVDs at Target and my husband just to happens to be a crazy movie buff - so you know).

BUT, these places are THE places to be this Black Friday for a lot more Christmas cheer and less crazy mobs of shoppers.

1. Karen Mercer Interiors
20% off everything in the store Friday and Saturday!

2. Kira's Cottage
Fri. Nov. 28 from 9am-8pm & Sat. Nov. 29 from 9am-6pm
Come and enjoy some yummy chocolates, hot coffee, or hot cocoa as you check out what we have to offer! There will be sales throughout the store and don't forget to ask for your 50% off coupon good on these two days only!


3. Imagination Station
Toys you can't find anywhere else on the southside of Indy.

4. Take Root
Uh-mazing Christmas decor and more!

5. Clementine's Dry Goods
Fabric and fibers that would make any dedicated crafter go weak in the knees.

2 comments:

TMC said...

OMG! The very thought of participating in Black Friday makes me hyperventilate. Can I just send you my shopping list & have you work the price-slashed magic? :)

Stacy said...

I went once two years ago - it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be - but I was knocked out in the car while my sisters-in-law kept going strong around 2PM. I didn't think there were that many good deals this year - will be heading out to Joanns this year (need more crafty stuff) and will make it out to the cute little stores I mentioned in this post!