Friday, July 19, 2013

Iced Coffee Concentrate with Best Boy & Co Caramel Sauce

The summer is flying by! With vacations, summer colds, family reunions and now a summer sinus infection for mommy - it's been a rough ride lately.

One nice (and easy) thing I've managed to keep in the fridge for a quick and tasty little pick-me-up for both my husband and I (more sparingly for me since I am preggo with baby #2) is this great iced coffee concentrate mix. 

I've tried different mixes/concoctions in the past for iced coffee - some more complex than others - and honestly haven't been impressed - but this one is a breeze to whip up and tastes soooo good!

5 simple ingredients - bring to a boil - cool and you're done! Our Best Boy & Company Bourbon Barrel Caramel Sauce has a lot to do with the amazing taste - and for the next batch (our third!) I think I am going to try to go mocha and use Best Boy & Co. Hot Fudge Sauce --- yum!!




We stored our first batch - which was only a partial batch because I didn't have enough instant coffee to make a full batch - had only 1/2 a cup - in a tupperware container - see above. The next batch (full batch) I used a cleaned out and relabeled coffee creamer container - ran out of room and put another 2/3 full into a glass mason jar! Makes a lot! The pourable containers help eliminate mess - making it easier to mix up your coffee concoction. Pour, stir, enjoy!


The final product - dark yummy concentrate! 2 TB for 8 oz of milk goes a long way! And you can customize how sweet or strong you want it by using a little more or a little less.


Iced delicious-ness right there! 
(P.S. that's my favorite ceramic reusable coffee mug - 
has a little rubber lid that fits over it - not pictured - but definitely my favorite!)

This recipe is one of those Facebook timeline posted ones you come across now and again - I like to save ones I like in my Evernote account. I tried looking up the original source but it seems a little all over the place. I did trace it back here to a Pampered Chef consultant's page - Diana's Kitchen Corner via Soul of a Chef. Those Pampered Chef people are so dang clever - with their yummy recipes and their awesome products. :) (love, love, love my lime/citrus press, bag clips, icing gun, trifle dish, and spatula/scraper - and a garlic press is on it's way to me now). Funny how much you gradually accumulate over the years attending parties for friends/family here and there. 


Iced Coffee Concentrate 

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 cup instant coffee granules
1 1/2 tps. vanilla
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping

*Bring all ingredients to boil. Cool and store in the fridge in an airtight container. 

Use 2 tbsp. concentrate with 8 ounces of milk over ice!





No comments: