Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Fun!



I love grey and white pumpkins - and those pale orange ones - sigh! They are so gorgeous - so different from the standard pumpkins I grew up with. Luckily they've become easier and easier to find - especially this year!



We were able to snag grey ones for $2 a piece last weekend at the Wishing Well Motel off of US31. Thank goodness for this place and their pumpkins - we needed to go back out for smaller ones tonight and weren't able to find any anywhere - Walmart and Kroger were all out.





But, as you can see, there were still plenty to choose from here!



Each year the hubby and I love the tradition of carving pumpkins. We pop in our Garfield Halloween Special and Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin on DVD and indulge in the smell of the pumpkin innards, the squish of seeds between your fingers and the fun of carving out new designs. Each year we try something different - some years are good carving wise - others not so much. This year was a grand slam! Got my owl idea from non-other than Martha Stewart out on the blogoshere and Matt's scary spider took shape as we went.

Had to go with stringed lights to get the eyes on my owl to show up properly - but I think it actually works a lot better than candles!



Here's the end result - spider complete with legs and fangs and a cutesy owl. :) Wasn't sure if I was going to hand out candy this year - but now that our pumpkins turned out so great - I may just change my mind!

2 comments:

TMC said...

The owl is so cute!

kjhulse said...

Stacy I love your pumpkins!!