Monday, October 12, 2009

Guest Post: Fall Comforts

Hello! This is Alli from Hooray, and I'll be popping in this week for a few posts. While Stacy & her hubby are off on a sunny cruise, those of us in the Midwest are clinging to our sunshine and bracing for cooler temps. So, I put together a collection of inspirational images as an ode to the current season & mood. Below I also posted my homemade recipe for chicken noodle soup - it's super easy to make and has a rich, creamy broth. Yum! Happy Monday!


Image Credits: 1: Swans Island Blankets, 2: Martha Stewart, 3: via Creature Comforts, 4: from domino mag via frolic!, 5: Lonny Mag, 6: via Snippet & Ink, 7: via frolic!, 7: via Snippet & Ink via here)

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
8 c. broth (or water & bullion cubes)
1 c. each chopped carrots & celery
Leftover chicken, cut or shredded
1 tbs. dried parsley (or fresh, if on hand)
1 1/2 c. egg noodles
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/3 c. flour
Boil broth in a soup pot, then add carrots & celery. Simmer, covered, about 5 min. Stir in noodles, simmer another 5 min. to soften. Add chicken & parsley, heat through. While chicken heats, make a paste by mixing together the softened butter & flour. Stir in paste to thicken broth, add salt & pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy.

PS. If you have any favorite fall recipes, feel free to share!

2 comments:

Melissa A said...

Hi Alli,
I love homemade chicken noodle soup. It's starting to get cold here in Washington too. My husband likes to leave the window open at night, and I haven't added extra blankets to the bed yet, so I woke up real cold this morning. Your cozy picks, warmed me right up though.

Momma Val said...

Please Tell Stacy I gave her an award when she gets back from her trip. Thanks!