Saturday, October 3, 2009

Latest Garage Sale Find! A Vintage China Cabinet!



Need to get a better picture of this with natural lighting maybe tomorrow - but check out this amazing find Matt and I stumbled across at a garage sale today! A gorgeous dark solid wood china cabinet for $40!!

We've been looking for one for quite some time now - we have two sets of gorgeous china - one from my Great Grandma Pearl on my Dad's side and a beautiful gold rimmed set from Cindy! Also been collecting lots of glass and ceramic odds and ends along the way - the trifle bowl from Pampered Chef, the 3-tired glass stand and lots of apothecary jars in various sizes I use to serve punch at parties and for storage as well. The white Crate & Barrel casserole dish Matt got for me for Christmas.

I was able to fit both sets with room to spare for our crystal glasses, stemware and tumblers and even have a drawer left over for miscellaneous party supplies (plastic party cups, plastic forks and knives, etc!) ...might even bring my table linens downstairs and see if I can get them to fit in!

Many, many thanks to the marvelous Queen of Free for loaning out her other half, a truck and one of her pretty princesses to come help us get this great deal home! And thank you to our wonderful friends and neighbors, the Prescotts, in coming in with more manpower to get this puppy out of the truck and into our house! Yay, for great friends - you rock!! :)

6 comments:

Andora said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!!!!
and what a price..Girl you all done good..

Jenny wren's nest said...

Wow, that is beautiful, I gave up rummaging because the price of gas and the location of where I live. I always though it to be a fun challenge but dont need to fill my house with more trinkets.
Jenny

a/k/a Nadine said...

What a great find! Beautiful!

Momma Val said...

That is so cool! I forget what that style is called, maybe danish modern from the 60's or 70's? Looks like you needed it, already filled with your precious pieces :)

Sarah Pead said...

Love this!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! It's beautiful -- what a great deal. I looks great with all your dishes in it!