Friday, August 10, 2012

Watermelon Slushies


My latest summer crush/addiction has been watermelon slushies! Oh yum! A lovely libation concocted after two too many over-wipe watermelons were purchased by yours truly and not wanting to throw them out or try to lug them back to the store to attempt to return them I turned to the internet for some recipe ideas and found this! Even my watermelon-hating husband loves these.

Such a pretty looking drink - though if you add too much ice - as it melts it will separate a bit, but trying to find a way to mix up a big batch of these fora party! Yum!

Here's the recipe!

Watermelon Slushy
-cubed watermelon
-juice of one lime
-sugar to taste (about a teaspooon or so)
-ice (if your watermelon isn't frozen)
-blend and enjoy!

I have since cubed up all the overripe watermelon we have and put it all in ziplock baggies and froze them in the freezer before they go bad - watermelon slushies for weeks to come! :)




P.S. This cinder block has been Laney and I's little hang out spot in the back yard here this dry, hot summer...it is in a shady spot and her and I take turns sitting on it and enjoying the coolness and the view of the flowers...she also likes to fully drench it with the hose when she is helping me water the plants. :)


No comments: