Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring has been spotted!

I about tripped over myself this afternoon as I was saying goodbye to my family who'd come to visit me for the day because as I looked down at the ground to turn and shut the door --- there poking up from the mulch were the bright and happy leaves of my crocuses breaking ground and popping up! They are already almost two inches tall!

I cried outloud and am pretty sure I freaked out my family who thought something was wrong! :)

Oh happy day!! Now if the weather would just warm up a little more...

I checked around for my daffodils too, but it is still too early for them! But at least with the crocuses coming up I can see some light at the end of the this dark tunnel called winter.

5 comments:

Momma Val said...

HOORAY!!! This week is supposed to be in the high thirties and low forties. At least over here in Illinois. Please promise that you will keep posting about spring. It keeps us all very hopeful :)

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Stacy, what a cute header you have in your blog for winter. Yes, indeed, crocuses cheer a gardener's winter weary heart. I have one blooming and can't wait for the others.~~Dee

Sarah Pead said...

How exciting!

Karen Sue said...

Did you have to dig down very far for these crocuses?? I think we are still a ways from knowing what's going on down in the dirt. But thanks for the encouraging words.there is hope!!

Stacy said...

Karen Sue - I didn't dig at all for the crocuses. I could see them coming up out of the ground! I was just walking by and saw them!